শুক্রবার, ২৫ মে, ২০১২

Baby Shower! ? Run for Wine

Sunday was a double celebration: my baby shower and my 35th birthday. In all honesty, I forgot about my birthday (not completely forgot, but I didn?t wake up thinking, ?today is my birthday? like I do every birthday morning) until I woke up and read an email from Chris wishing me a happy birthday. Really the only ones who knew it was my birthday was my immediate family which was fine by me because the day was truly about the celebration of Baby Barrett!

The most surprising trademark this pregnancy has left in my life is my sense of peace, calmness and overall feeling of everything being exactly as it should. I feel as though just having something bigger than me to be responsible for, has shifted my focus off the little things that happen in life and forces you to think about the world in a new way. The fact that I totally forgot it was my birthday (when usually I LOVE talking about my birthday) is fitting.

Onto the celebration

I wanted to have the shower at my house for a couple of reasons:

  1. I wanted my friends and family to know where I lived and that they were always welcome to come visit, which I feel will be paramount to my mental health the first month Chris is away.
  2. Since we bought this house four years ago we?ve been remodeling. Our home is finally complete (almost) and we are in a position to entertain people.

I had SO MANY people come over! I really had not anticipated that many people would be able to come. I was so honored and humbled so many of them took time out of their busy lives to support and celebrate my new family! I think I counted about 26 friends and family members at one point. In retrospect, I think it would have been better to have less people so I could have ?worked the room? a little more. I hope they all had a good time.

Pictures:

1-DSC_0054

Setting up the party

?1-DSC_0057

My sister and I (she threw the awesome shower!)

1-DSC_0059

Mom, Sister, and I

1-DSC_0060

All the aunties

1-DSC_0061

1-DSC_0063

1-DSC_0077

1-DSC_0086

1-DSC_0088

1-DSC_01081-DSC_0126

1-DSC_0135

1-DSC_0136

1-DSC_0142

1-DSC_0158

?

The next day I washed and folded all the adorable baby girl clothes and blankets. My house smelled of yummy babies!

1-DSC_01601-DSC_01681-DSC_0170One of the coolest gifts I got was this hand knitted blanket, hat, and book. She must have taken HOURS making this beautiful thoughtful gift. Her card had a beautiful note about what an impact reading books together had on her and her sons life (her son is going away to college this summer) as he was growing up and how they still have a connection with each other over book conversations. VERY thoughtful.?? 1-DSC_0166

I couldn?t have asked for a better way to celebrate with my loved ones.

Tomorrow I?m going baby shopping with my sister for a few final things I need for baby. I have a feeling time is going to start moving very fast from here on out.

?

Sidenote ? a friend told me at the end of the night that I shouldn?t wear stripes anymore because they make me look too big. LOL?..body issues much bitch! I almost bit my tongue off as I was holding back snark at her. She?s got issues, it?s not about me. I LOVED that dress and I LOVE the way I look right now. Nobody can tell me otherwise.

When people ask me how I?m feeling the answer is always the same: ?I?ve never been better.? and that is the honest truth!

Like this:

Be the first to like this post.

gladys knight private practice deion sanders dancing with the stars aapl creutzfeldt jakob disease the lone ranger

0টি মন্তব্য:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন

এতে সদস্যতা মন্তব্যগুলি পোস্ট করুন [Atom]

<< হোম